Left over gravy from a tasty roast? Fantastic, the perfect start to a delicious and quick meal. This 10 minute delight is a deliciously quick snack.
Ingredients (but not limited to):
1/2 cup or so of Homemade Gravy
1/2 cup of mushrooms roughly chopped
50 or more ml of Kefir
A few garlic cloves roughly chopped
A few finely chopped chillies
A few healthy dashes of Olive oil
250 grams of pasta (gluten free)
- Boil your water with salt and dash of olive oil and put the pasta on to boil, checking at the 8 -10 minute mark or when it is aldente.
- Lightly fry roughly chopped garlic and chillies (optional) on a low heat with plenty of olive oil (Cast iron frypans ideal for this recipe as they give a nice even soft heat)
- Once garlic begins to brown, toss in the mushrooms and let them brown,
- Once mushrooms are nicely browned pour in the gravy and simmer on a low heat
- Finally mix in your kefir
- Garnish with parsley or other fresh herbs and serve up. Enjoy 🙂